Volunteers are the backbone of what we do. Without them we would be . . . well . . . nothing! We have a great team of volunteers who love the Lord and love our teenagers. They give sacrificially of their time, hearts, vacation, and even finances to make a difference in the lives of teenagers. It’s a real privilege to be part of a team like that.
- Teachers for Sunday School or Youth Group
- Specific Areas of Leadership (Technical, Music, Games)
- Youth Mentors
- Special Event Hosts
- Special Event Chaperones
Basic Volunteer Requirements
- A passionate and growing relationship with Jesus
- A desire to use your giftedness to influence teenagers
- Time to invest in teenagers
- Attendance at regular volunteer meetings
- Teachable spirit
- Application process and background check
Parents—thank you for letting us play a part in the spiritual development of your kids. It’s not something that we take lightly! We believe that YOU are the primary spiritual leaders in your kids’ life and that God allows us to come in and play a supportive role. We do everything that we can to lead in a way that points your son or daughter to Christ. We also do what we can to point them to you! Because we believe so strongly that your role is so important we have structured our meetings in a way that welcomes parent involvement.
- Frisbee on Sunday Afternoons: Parents are welcome to join us on Sunday afternoons to just play!
- Drop in and Visit: Any time that you just want to drop in to check out what we’re doing you are invited to do so! These are your kids and you deserve to have a feel for the environment that they are in.
- Resources: We have a number of books, magazines, websites, curriculum, etc., that you are welcome to use. Just contact me if you are looking for something specific.
- Accountability: I TRY to keep you updated on what we’re studying so you can (1) know what we’re doing (since they are your kids), and (2) follow up if you’d like.
- Special Events: Check the calendar for special events that you are invited to participate in!
We meet Sunday mornings from 9:00-10:00 AM. We usually hang out for a bit, sing, and have a lesson from God’s Word (sometimes this is given by one of our teachers, sometimes a teacher will facilitate a group discussion, and sometimes we break up into small groups to discuss a topic)
In October we will be shifting our format a bit. Jr. and Sr High will be together for the beginning of the meeting and then break up for lesson time.
After we meet as teenagers we head over to grab some donuts and meet with the rest of the body from 10:30–11:30ish AM.
Most Sunday Afternoons we meet in the park to play Ultimate Frisbee at 3:30 PM. This is a great opportunity for relationship building! PARENTS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN!!!
We meet Sunday evenings from 5:30–7:30 PM. Beginning this fall our Youth Group is going to follow a four week cycle: A.C.T.S. (1st Week—Adoration, 2nd Week—Community, 3rd Week—Truth, 4th Week—Service). Instead of having another lesson on Sunday, we are going to try to live out our vision statement.
Almost every Sunday we eat dinner together (usually something simple for $1).
We have a few small groups that meet during the week. These groups are borne out of relationships within the group. Each group is different and we don’t keep close tabs on them. Some meetings are for fellowship, others are for more intense study. If you’d like to visit a group contact me and I’ll let you know when and where they are meeting.
Throughout the year we have a bunch of special events (camps, retreats, skiing, paintball, rafting, 30 hour famine, mission trips, etc.). Check the calendar for more information (and check the MEMORIES page to see past events).