As a member of the elder team I, Dean Halverson, have been given the task—the joy, really—of developing an evangelism effort in our church.
This will consist primarily of a once a month meeting where we will
- Talk about the spiritual discussions we’ve had over the past month (e.g., What evangelistic method did you use? How was that received? How do you answer objections? Where do we go from here?)
- Have a brief training session on evangelism
- Celebrate our evangelistic successes however small or large
- Pray for our evangelistic relationships
I anticipate that we will start these meetings in the fall.
In preparation for this evangelistic effort I would like to lay a foundation of prayer. Would you be willing to commit to pray every day for the following?
- That the Holy Spirit would give us the strong desire to share His good news with our neighbors and others who He puts in our paths
- That the Holy Spirit would move in the hearts of those with whom we share His good news